You are hereHome ›
Give your family the gift of time
Your house serves as a safe haven from whipping winds during the long chill of winter. When the days are short and the nights are long, making your rooms warmer and more inviting can brighten the mood of the whole house.
Especially during the holiday season, it can seem home is just a stopover destination to throw off coats and boots during a flurry of events.
Take a breather -- and combat winter blues well past the holidays -- by creating comfy days this winter with these tips from the experts at Sun Products, the makers of Snuggle fabric softener:
• Breakfast in Bed: It may feel decadent, but breakfast in bed is the perfect way to stay cozy as you get the day started.
• Movie Night: Set aside a night each week to snuggle up on the couch for movie night. Be sure your family room or living room is decked out with plenty of pillows and just-washed throw blankets. And don't forget the popcorn.
• Build a Fort: Young children like nothing better than creating a space to their scale. Help out by building a "fort" by draping sheets or blankets over a big table, then join in playing a board game or reading a story together.
• Make soup together: Nothing is more hearty and fulfilling then a big bowl of soup in winter. Make a big batch of healthy soup at the start of the week and serve it as a side all week long.
• Fireplace: Get the fireplace going and have a “campfire” in your living room, complete with marshmallows and sing-alongs. Make sure the kids have their favorite teddy bears to cuddle up with for when you tell scary stories!
If you choose a night each week to get together for a "campfire," board games or movies -- or even if your schedule allows just one every few weeks -- make sure it's set aside just as any other "must-make" important appointment is. Those last-minute opportunities to "go somewhere" may sound appealing, but a relaxing night in helps to catch up with one another and tackle the rest of your week with more energy.
— Statepoint Media