County household hazardous waste mobile collection sites are open

Where do you get rid of old fertilizer? What do you do with unwanted paint or pesticides? Ramsey County offers a safe alternative to dispose of household hazardous waste — HHW.

Hazardous waste, including fluorescent and mercury vapor lamps, mercury thermostats and switches, old gasoline, paint and lead paint chips, solvents, pesticides, antifreeze, motor oil and filters, or any products labeled poisonous, flammable or corrosive, can be disposed of at no cost.

The HHW mobile collection sites located throughout Ramsey County will be open from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. on Fridays and from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. on Saturdays. Staffers recommend that you visit in mid-afternoon when traffic is usually low.

The collection sites by month are: May — Arden Hills, 1352 Ben Franklin Road; June — Roseville, 1725 Kent St.; July — Arden Hills, 1352  Ben Franklin Road; August — St. Paul, 848 Pleasant Ave.; September, after Labor Day — Saint Paul 1660 Como Ave.; October — Maplewood, 1850 White Bear Ave.

A year-round HHW drop-off site for Ramsey County residents is located at Bay West, 5 Empire Drive, St. Paul. Get more information at or call 651-633-3279. Calls are answered 24/7.

Rate this article: 
No votes yet
Comment Here