South-West Review -News

News | Newsbriefs | Events | Sports | Schools | People | Police | Legals | Bulletin Board | Letters | Progress | Readers Choice

News for South St. Paul, West St. Paul, Inver Grove Heights and surrounding communities in the South-West Review www.southwestreviewnews.com

Mon
06
Feb

SSP receives ‘Dakota Electric Youth Employment Services’ Award

Officials in the city of South St. Paul was recently presented with Dakota Electric Association’s 2005 Youth Employment Services Award due to their ability to use employment to build community among youth.

Mon
06
Feb

Town Square TV announces ‘Winter Game of the Week’ schedule

Town Square Television announces its Winter Game of the Week schedule. The games will air Tuesdays, Thursdays and Saturdays at 7:30 p.m. following Insight 7 on Channel 14.

Mon
06
Feb

SSP Educational Foundation Scholarship Books to be distributed

Educational Foundation Scholarship books will be handed out to seniors attending South St. Paul High School on Feb. 8, 2006, in the High School auditorium at 10 a.m.

Mon
06
Feb

Recycle plastic bags at the Dakota County Eco-Site

The Dakota County Eco-Site will now accept plastic bags for recycling. The Eco-Site is a drop-off location for recyclables and electronics, household hazardous waste, problem materials, and common household waste in Dakota County.

Mon
06
Feb

Cozy up to books by Minnesota authors


Can’t handle another gray day? Take a break from the long Minnesota winter by curling up with a good book, courtesy of these Twin Cities authors.

‘APOCALYPSE ARRAY’ by LYDA MOREHOUSE

Mon
06
Feb

IGH residents get a feel for meth impact

The cold hard facts are these: The first time a person uses methamphetamine, they have a 95 percent chance of becoming addicted. Of those who are addicted, only 5 percent will be able to kick the habit for good.

Mon
30
Jan

1/30/06 Police Reports

South St. Paul

ARRESTS - A 32-year-old man was arrested for DWI and a blood-alcohol level over .08 percent at Highway 52 and Wentworth Avenue at 2:59 a.m. Jan. 22.

Mon
30
Jan

Clothes Closet sale

Neighbors Inc., a nonprofit social service agency located at 218 13th Ave. S. in South St. Paul, is planning a huge sale in its Clothes Closet Store. The store features everything from infant clothing to wedding gowns.

Mon
30
Jan

Thompson Park Activity Center

Thompson Park Activity Center, 1200 Stassen Lane, West St. Paul, is sponsoring a trip to “Church Basement Ladies” at Plymouth Playhouse on Wednesday, Feb. 22. Call 450-8291 for more information. Thompson Park Activity Center is a program for older adults sponsored by Dist.

Mon
30
Jan

Kindergarten Information Night

Holy Trinity Catholic School, 745 6th Ave. S., South St. Paul, will have a Kindergarten Information Night on Feb. 7 at 6:30 p.m.

Pages

Comment Here